Instructor: Carolina Abiassaf
Date: Friday, January 24
Time: 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM
Price: $60/person (all taxes included)
– Pisca andina soup: Vegetable broth, diced potatoes and eggs, then garnished with white cheese, cilantro and and egg
– Polvorosa de pollo: It is known as Venezuela’s chicken pot pie, this is mainly reserved for special occasions. The filling generally consists of chicken and vegetables, topped with tomatoes, olives, cumin, and chilies in a soft shortcrust crust pie
– Tres leches cake: A typical Central American dessert, made of sponge cake soaked in three kinds of milk
All our cooking classes are followed by a dinner with drinks!
WHY THIS CLASS
Venezuela has an outstanding culinary tradition perfect for any foodie traveller. This cuisine has European, African and Native American influences that make its dishes unique! In this class, learn a 3-course traditional Venezuelan menu, guided by our Venezuelan expert.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Introduction to local cuisine and ingredients
– How to make a polvorosa shortcrust dough from scratch and how to use it in other recipes
– How to prepare a vegetable broth from scratch and how to conserve
– How to make a fluffy sponge cake
– How to make the best whipping cream from scratch