Instructor: Marie Darcy
Date: Thursday, January 23
Time: 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Price: $60/person (all taxes included)
– Religieuse with speculoos filling and buttercream
– Religieuse with chocolate filling and buttercream
WHY THIS CLASS
Religieuse means “nun” in French, and by most accounts, this pastry takes its name from a resemblance, however oblique, to a nun in a habit. The Religieuse is constructed of two choux pastry cases filled with crème pâtissière (confectioner’s custard), a large one on the bottom and a smaller one on top, traditionally iced with a chocolate or other nappage and joined together with buttercream.
In this class, you will learn how to make your own Religieuses pastry and take them back with you along with the recipes!
This class is in collaboration with Valrhona
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– How to make perfect choux pastry dough
– How to make two different fillings
– Piping techniques: crème au beurre (buttercream) from scratch
– How to glaze the choux
– Assembling and decorating the Religieuses