Instructor: Nour Kharrat
Date: Wednesday February 21
Time: 5:30pm to 7:00pm
Price: $40 / person (all taxes included)
– Green smoothie: let’s add veggies in their juices!
– Chocolate cake: refined sugar and lactose free
WHY THIS CLASS
Children should have no more than 6 teaspoons of sugar per day – that’s LESS than one can of Coke! A little sugar now and then isn’t a big deal to most children. But sugar has been shown to have an effect similar to an addictive drug, and many kids are in fact addicted to it. Sugar affects children’s short-term behavior and moods and also can seriously affect their long-term health. Our tastes for overly sweetened flavors are learned, which means they can also be unlearned!
In the Sugar Workshop, the young ones will cook a delicious “healthy chocolate cake” with no refined sugar and a veggie smoothie. Children first learn about sugar before the cooking session.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This class will explain your children:
– Why is sugar bad for them
– How much they should eat per day
– How much sugar there actually is in the products they eat every day
– How they can replace sugar with a veggie smoothie and a healthy chocolate cake recipe as an example