PAD THAI NOODLES: Tamarind and chicken/shrimp rice noodles by WAEL LAZKANI
Time: 1 hour, serves 6 ppl.
- 4 Cups rice stick (3mm), soaked for 1 hour
- 4 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 15 large shrimps, chopped small
- 2 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 Tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 4 Tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 Tablespoon crushed peanuts
- 1 lime
- 2 egg-omelet – cooked, cooled and cut into strips
For the sauce:
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 150ml tamarind puree
- 100ml soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- First, mix all sauce ingredients and blend till smooth, using a drink or hand-blender. In a separate bowl, soak rice sticks in warm water for 1 hour. Drain when ready and set aside.
In a large wok, add oil and turn heat to high. Add ginger, garlic, and onion. Fry for 1 min. Add the chicken, shrimp and fish sauce here and cook till ready.
Add the sauce and cook till the center is boiling. Add noodles and cook, while stirring occasionally till tender. Should take around 5 min.
Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with coriander, green onion, peanuts, and lime slices. Also, the omelet strips go on top if you are using them.
AND VOILA! BON APPETIT!